Our financial policy is based upon the Biblical principle of generosity. Members give a generous portion of their income to advance gospel ministry as a sign of their gratitude to God for what he has done for them. We as a church, endeavor to be generous in our support of Christian ministry worldwide. We give away at least 11% of our income to ministry outside our church. 10% of all money we receive goes to the denomination and another 2% of all income is given to social concerns. The balance of the money is used to fund gospel ministry locally at St Stephens.
We follow a policy of strict accountability and integrity in the matter of money. Our financial statements are open documents and are available at any time for anyone to inspect. Our policy is for our financial affairs to be audited annually.
Std Bank Rondebosch : a/c 071418326 Branch code: 02500911
Std Bank Kromboom: a/c 081465610 Branch code: 02620917
Std Bank Kromboom: a/c 270325824 Branch code: 02620917
Quarterly Report to view the current quarterly report.
2. Do I need to get baptised?The Bible commands baptism as a sign of your commitment to Christ.
1. Should I attend marriage prep? Yes absolutely. We counsel couples to invest more in their marriage than in their wedding. Contact us for details of counselling.
2. How much will it cost to get married? There are costs involved in getting married at St Stephens. Please contact the church office for an appointment and we will guide you through the costs which depend upon your requirements.
3. We are living together will you marry us? Living together has long term consequences for a couple. You need to understand these and be prepared for them. We always desire for couples to commit themselves in permanent lifelong relationship. Contact us to chat further.
4. We aren’t Christians will you marry us? The Bible allows Christian men and women to marry; and Non-Christian men and women to marry. We will not marry a Christian and a Non-Christian; or same sex couples.
5. We are divorced will you marry us? God takes marriage and divorce seriously. Not everyone that is divorced is eligible to be remarried. Please contact the church office for an appointment to chat through these complex issues.
Contact the church office immediately on 021 683 4945 and we will guide you through this time of grief.
Confirmation is the confirming of the baptismal promises made by your parent/s on your behalf. You confirm those promises by taking them for yourself. You were baptized as a child in the understanding that you would be brought up as a faithful follower of Jesus Christ, and in the expectation that when you were of age you would take upon yourself the faith your parent/s expressed. If you haven’t been baptized as a child, please speak to me so that we can arrange this. The confirmation ceremony is the public declaration that you understand what Christianity is all about, that you believe it and have decided to follow Jesus as the King of your life and as your Saviour. There is nothing supernatural about the ceremony. It doesn’t make you into a Christian, or get you into heaven. The ceremony is about Christian young people telling their church that they have decided to be followers of Jesus Christ. By being confirmed, you are doing 3 things:
1. telling everyone that you take responsibility for your faith i.e. telling everyone that you are a follower of Jesus, a Christian
2. calling on other Christians of this local church to pray for you and encourage you to live a true Christian life
3. learning more of the basic details of Christianity
NB: Please note change in the way the morning door steward teams are being rotated. We will be effecting further changes over the next few months. Contact Jill at the church office if you have any questions re this.
Do remember that if you are unable to do your duty on the specified date, to please arrange a swap, and inform your team leader of the arrangement.If you are part of a pre-set service team please remember that your away dates cannot be reflected - kindly please arrange swaps as necessary.
NB: contact details have not been included in this download - please check your hard copy or call the church office for required telephone numbers.